12-month Intensive Internship
Mentoring, equipping, and training for effective ministry to Muslims.
- Experience the Muslim immigrant and refugee world in Houston - one of the largest resettlements in the U.S.
- Learn to bridge cultural and religious differences
- Work extensively within this community
- Develop impactful relationships
- Be equipped to share the Gospel
As the fourth largest city in the U.S., Houston is the nation’s most diverse ethnic metroplex with over a quarter of a million Muslims from around the world. Many have never encountered a Christian willing to share the good news of the Gospel with them.
- Internship Director brings 45+ years of ministry experience
- Staff has 155+ years of cumulative ministry experience with Muslims
- Biblical knowledge
- Cultural sensitivity
- Hands-on ministry with mentors
- TESOL Certification (optional)
- Sessions with seminary professors and experienced missionaries
- Mentors assist with spiritual development
- Preparation for effective ministry in other countries
Interns will have opportunity to work in the following programs:
- ESL classes
- Technology classes
- Citizenship classes
- Kids’ summer camps
- Community gatherings
The cost for housing and program fees is $700 monthly. Interns will bear cost for food, transportation, and any other personal expenses.
Application deadline is May 31st, 2023
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."
“I was able to taste both the joys and the struggles of working and interacting with a team that only come through working cross-culturally together. I felt so loved and seen as I was poured into from a spiritual sense, but also as I was brought into community with the team as a whole. I would not be where I am in ministry today if it were not for Engage Houston and the staff there.”