What is Engage Houston?
Engage Houston is a training program designed to equip interns for ministry to Muslims.
12-MONTH INTENSIVE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Interns get to develop and sharpen communication skills, learn to use cross-cultural & religious bridges, and form a bedrock of theological & missiological understanding that shapes their interactions. They will experience life among a multi-national and multi-lingual Muslim community.
6-WEEK SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
This is a very focused season for interns where they have opportunity to apply theological & missiological concepts acquired in prior study programs or courses. They will have the benefit of engaging in friendships and relationships their mentors have in the community.
Interns will receive training in cross-cultural missions, evangelism, discipleship, team dynamics, and more. Our goal is to prepare workers for the Harvest! It’s our joy to equip interns with effective tools to serve the Lord wherever He may call them as they become more radically devoted to Jesus.
SERVING THE MUSLIM COMMUNITY
Engage Houston is an integral part of Gospel-centered programs for men, women, and children in the refugee and immigrant community. Interns can serve as ESL teachers and tutors or as part of any of the other programs. Those pursuing a career in ESL will be trained in more advanced ESL teaching methods and have the option to earn TESOL certification.
What Do We Believe?
Engage Houston is a Christian ministry that holds to evangelical beliefs while fostering relationships with multiple churches.
- We believe there is one God who has existed eternally in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His Virgin birth, sinless life, the miracles He performed, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return to judge the world in power and glory.
- We believe that all humans are made in the image of God. In the beginning man was innocent of sin and was endowed by his Creator with freedom of choice. By his free choice man sinned against God and brought sin into the human race. Through the temptation of Satan man transgressed the command of God, and fell from his original innocence whereby his posterity inherit a nature and an environment inclined toward sin.
- We believe that through Jesus, mankind is offered salvation from their sins. By confessing with their mouth that Jesus is Lord and believing in their hearts that God raised Him from the dead, man can be regenerated by the power of the Holy Spirit and reconciled to God.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. He gives Christians spiritual gifts used to build up the Body of Christ, and fruit that brings about righteous conduct.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired, infallible, and the only authoritative word of God.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe that all believers in Jesus make up the universal church. The church is Jesus’ bride established to do His work. Engage Houston is not a church, but actively participates with the local and universal church to bring glory to our great God.